If you don’t want everyday tech issues to have a significant impact, cut them off with these seven tech life hacks.
- Stop missing important emails - Most email providers let you turn on alerts and sounds. This way, you know immediately whenever an email comes in. You can actually turn on alerts and sounds for specific email addresses.
- Stop forgetting what you need at the store - Always forgetting that one thing at the store? Have your phone remind you to pick it up as soon as you walk through the door.
- See who’s calling without digging out your phone - You probably know that you can assign ringtones to specific patterns. But your phone’s customization features go beyond that. You can also set unique vibration patterns to specific contacts. That means you’ll be able to tell who’s calling by sound and feel alone.
- No more fumbling for the light switch - Have your lamps turn on by setting up a schedule, or by your location when you’re close to arriving home. All you need are some smart light bulbs or smart plugs.
- Stop squinting at the phone screen - Just make your text bigger! Apps that support Dynamic Type will adjust to your preferred reading size.
- Know precisely where you parked your car - If you have ever wandered around a parking lot searching for a car, this one’s for you. Google Maps will help you find your parking spot easily — and automatically.
- Have all your essential documents on hand - Use the Notes app on an iPhone (or a 3rd-party app on Android) to scan documents to have them ready when you need them. This includes insurance policies, vaccination records, car VINs and more.