The following changes take effect on January 1, 2019, as announced by the Social Security Administration:
- Beneficiaries will see a 2.8% increase in payments.
- Maximum taxable earnings will increase to $132,900.
- An increase in the full retirement age for those who turn 62 in 2019 to 66 and six months.
- An increase in the earnings limit to $17,640.
- An increase in the Social Security disability thresholds.
- For the first time, you can view your COLA notice online.
For a more detailed discussion of these changes, check out this article.